posted this on September 23, 2010 09:36
At this stage customers browsing your site can navigate through the different galleries you've created and view the photos you've uploaded. They can even create a collection of their favourite images using the Add To My Favourites link on each image preview page. However, they don't yet have access to the Add To Cart link for any of the images you've uploaded - so let's delve into some more admin settings and get your Shopping Cart activated!
Entering Your Paypal ID
Before beginning the steps below make sure that you've already had a read of Lesson 2 to ensure that the system has all the billing address information needed to get your cart up and running (including your Last Name) - http://helpdesk.photomerchant.net/entries/268319
1. From your admin Dashboard - Click the Settings tab. 2. This should bring you to the Store Settings Page by default. 3. Now enter your PayPal ID in the 5th field down the page. 4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save your changes.
Note - your PayPal ID is the email address you use to create your PayPal account. If you don't yet have a PayPal account, you will need to create a Business or Premium account here - http://www.paypal.com
Editing your gallery settings
Be sure to repeat steps 6 to 10 for each Gallery that needs the Shopping Cart activated.
5. From your admin Dashboard - Click the Photos tab. 6. Click the Edit link for the Gallery you wish to activate.
Allocating a Feature Set and Pricing Model
Note that we have already covered steps 7 to 10 when first creating our gallery - It's important though to recognize these steps as an important part of activating each of your image galleries.
7. Set the gallery to either Self Fulfillment or Direct Fulfillment. (US Direct Fulfillment orders processed by our print partners Burrell Colour Imaging) 8. Chose the Feature Set you'd like to apply to this Gallery - For now we'll use the Event Feature Set. 9. Select the Default Pricing Model to be applied to this Gallery. 10. Save your changes.
Ensuring you Shopping Cart is set to active
11. Click the Website tab within the Admin site. 12. Click the Navigation button. 13. Make sure the Cart status is set to Active. 14. Save your changes.
Confirming that your Shopping Cart is now active
15. Click the View Site button to the top right of your Admin menu.
Your activated gallery
16. On your Live Site, navigate to the Gallery you just edited and select an image. You should now see the Add to Cart option available for each photo in this Gallery.
Note that the position of the Add To Cart button will actually change depending on the Theme you've chosen for your site. It might be worth experimenting with the themes and gallery layouts in order to find a position that works best for you and your customers.
Congratulations - your images are now available for sale!!