posted this on November 11, 2010 12:56
So your Gallery is up and running, your images are uploaded and the Photomerchant application has chosen the first image in that gallery as your gallery's cover. It's great having some decisions made for you but I know you'd probably prefer to choose which photo acts as the 'face' of your entire gallery!
Let's quickly look at how to assign a different cover image..
1. Click on the Photos tab from the Admin Dashboard
2. Choose the Gallery you want to set a new cover image for and click on the title or thumbnail.
3. Find the photo you would like to become your Cover Image and select the tick-box on the thumbnail (make sure only one is selected).
4. Select the Set as cover image option from the Actions drop box.
5. Now, confirm your selection by clicking the “Set as Cover Image” button.
Note: Only select the “Set as parent category cover image as well?” if you would like this image to also be the default Cover Image to represent an entire Category of Galleries. More on Categories later - for now you're safe to leave this select box un-checked. Also note: The "Set as parent category..." option will not display unless the gallery you are working in has already been added to a parent category.
More info on Category setup for you here - http://helpdesk.photomerchant.net/entries/253698
If you now go back to your Photos page you'll see that the new image now acts as the your gallery Cover Image!