1. Introduction to the PhotoMerchant Admin Interface
posted this on November 21, 2010 21:16
Welcome the Getting Started Guide - This first lesson provides a quick overview of the main "tabs" used throughout the Admin Interface. Important stuff to get you comfortably moving around the Application Interface.
The Admin Interface is where you will manage all aspects of your website. Any changes you make here will be automatically published to your website. Your Website is what your customers will see. You can open your website by clicking on the View Site button in the navigation. Throughout the videos and documentation we will refer to your website visitors as “Your Customers” and at other times we will refer to you as “You” or “The Photographer”.
At the top of the interface is the primary navigation. From here you can access all the "Management Tabs" required to administer your website. Beneath it is the secondary navigation which contains context related buttons and actions relating to the area that you are in.
Note: some pages may also have their own navigation elements that are unique to that page, like “drag and drop” in the categories area, changing the order of your Website Navigation and the bulk editing options inside a gallery.
Edit your account information by clicking account. Turn your website visibility on/off by clicking on the store status icon. From time to time you will receive system messages that will appear in the Dashboard and unread message will be highlighted by an opened mail icon.
Next we’ll explore each Management Tab and describe it’s purpose.
The Dashboard provides an overview of the most important activity on your website including:
- Quick links to get the most common areas of the Admin Interface - Current Orders that require attention - Comments that require moderation - Top 6 Galleries calculated by the number of views - Popularity Report – a quick snapshot of your most popular photos, track your most successful galleries and get high level overview of your sales.
Create new Galleries, edit existing Galleries and upload your photos. From here you can also manage:
- Gallery order (as they appear in your Portfolio) - Gallery security and permissions - Establish custom Categories to help filter your Galleries - Edit photo titles, descriptions, tags - Move photos between Galleries - Determine the display order inside a Gallery - Set the cover images for your Galleries and Categories
The Business tab is where you will setup the products and pricing that will go into your website store.
- Orders display all your current and completed orders, and each individual order will allow you to manage the order process with automated process updates. - Setup your wholesale pricing in the “Paper Sizes”, Paper Type and Shipping Options sections. - Create multiple Feature Sets and Pricing Options which can be applied individually to your Galleries. - Coupons and Volume discounts are for creating one-off or multiple use discount codes for redemption through your store. - The Ledger tracks all the purchases made through your website and allows you to add additional expenses and income
The Customers tab is the hub for managing your customers and customer groups. Create new customers and groups and then give them access to secure Galleries. Any customer who makes a purchase through your store is automatically added to your customers tab. Use this area to start building ongoing relationships with your customers. There are plans to turn the Customers area into a more comprehensive CRM or Customer Relationship Management area in the future.
The Website tab is where you can adjust the design and layout settings for your website.
- Theme - choose the colour, font and branding options - Layout - set the design format for your Galleries and Portfolio - Navigation - add, edit, sort and create new items in your Navigation - Contact Details - decide which personal or business information you want to display on your website - Assets - incorporate other media types like PDF’s, ZIP files, Sound and Movie files into your Custom Pages - Domain Name – administer your existing website domain to work with PhotoMerchant or purchase a new domain for automatic integration
Website // Custom Pages
The remaining buttons to the far right represent individual Custom Web Pages. By default, we have created three web pages that can be edited called “Home”, “About” and “Services”. Clicking on each buttons will give allow you to edit the content and layout for each page.
- Set the page’s layout from one of the pre-built templates - Add your own text and images using the WYSISWYG editor - Personalise the page information for improving your Search Engine Optimization. - Each page has it’s own set of unique features and options – feel free to experiment to get the look you are after.
Note: you can create new Custom Pages in the Navigation section.
At first the Report area will not show any graphs as they are for displaying sales information. When you’ve started generating sales through your store, the Report section will flourish with animated graphs showing the profit and popularity of your photos and Galleries.
The Settings tab allows you to manage the finer points of your website, store, direct filfillment and financial settings
- Store Settings – contains the majority of important controls for managing your image security, PPI settings, Google Analytics and adding your PayPal ID to activate your store (these settings were formerley located under the Website // Settings tab) - Watermarking – apply digital watermarks to the image displayed on your website. - Direct Fulfillment Settings - manage the automed order and shipping option settings - Financial Settings - set the tax information applied to your wholesale and retail products
Check out the PhotoMerchant Help Desk which is directly accessible from the Help link in the main navigation strip within your Admin Interface. This is where you'll find all you're trouble-shooting resources. Also be sure to have a quick read of the Help Desk Introduction in order to get the most out of your Help Desk.
Also, keep an eye out for the “About” panels and “Tool Tips” which appear throughout the Application Interface.
Right.. introduction complete. Let's move on and complete your account details setup in the second lesson!