14. Australian Direct Fulfillment - Creating a new Pricing Model
posted this on January 24, 2011 16:55
In this lesson I'm going to take you through the setup of new Direct Fulfillment Pricing Models.
Let's go -
1. Click the Business tab from your Admin Dashboard. 2. Click the Pricing Models sub-menu button.
Note - Be sure to have a quick read of the About Pricing Models column. Having a strong understanding of both the Pricing Models and Feature Sets will allow you to take greater advantage of the flexibility that PhotoMerchant offers from a commerce perspective from day 1!
3. Click the New Pricing Model button under the Direct Fulfillment area.
4. Enter a Pricing Model Name as well as a Description for the new model. 5. Save your new Pricing Model.
6. Click on either the View Tool or the new Pricing Model name to continue the setup.
7. Notice firstly that you have the flexibility to edit either the Markup percentage, the Retail price (ex tax) or the Retail price (incl tax) for each individual product available. Simply enter the new value in the field you choose to edit and then 'tab out' of the field to save the change. All figures in the product row will then be updated accordingly.
8. To edit the prices individually would obviously be a pretty onerous task (just be aware that you have that level of control if it's needed).. So.. to keep things more automated and painless, we've incorporated the Auto Pricing function that you'll see at the top left of the page. Let's explore that a little further!
9. Select between the Percentage Markup or the Percentage Margin price update methods. 10. For now choose to leave the leave the prices as they are - (you must select one of these 3 options in order to activate the Fill Amounts button) 11. Set your markup percentage. 12. Click on the Fill Amounts button.
Great - Your pricing table will now be updated to reflect the new Markup Percentage figure! You can obviously go back to step 10 and choose to update the table by editing your Percentage Margin instead - go on try it!
Notice in this screen-shot that my Markup Percentage column now reflects the 400% entry I made previously and all other columns have been updated to match! Right, now let's play with our Pretty Prices option!
13. Select the Pretty Price radio button to adjust the Incl Tax Retail Price. 14. Make a selection from the Rounding drop box. 15. Finally, click the Fill Amounts button.
16. You can now see that our Incl Tax Retail Price has been rounded to a more user-friendly figure. Feel free to run this test again on the Ex Tax Retail Price! 17. Once you've finished adjusting your pricing make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and Save your changes!
The Pricing Model you just created will now be available to you in the selection box when you come to apply a Pricing Model to a given Gallery. To confirm this..
18. Click on the Photos tab. 19. Click the Edit link of a gallery.
20. By clicking the Pricing Model drop box at the bottom right of the Edit Gallery form you can confirm your new model has been setup correctly and apply it to galleries of your choice.